PRIVACY & COOKIES
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that bibby and boppy does not own or control, or to people that bippy and boppy do not employ or manage.
bibby and Boppy is committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to process orders and to provide a personalised service to you when you visit our website.
At bibby and boppy, we appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here, we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
This policy sets out
1. What information we collect and how it is used
3. Our promotional updates and communications
4. When we share information with outside parties
5. Where information is stored and how long it is stored for
6. Child safety
7. How we protect personal information
8. Your rights regarding your personal information
9. Changes to this policy
10. Contacting us
For the purposes of European data protection law, ("Data Protection Law"), the data controller is:
bibby and boppy
11 Thornton Close
1. What information do we collect and how is it used?
When you order we need to know:
Your name, e-mail address and delivery address· Some products require personal information about Childrens routines, favourite sports etc.
Your telephone number to enable us to contact you if there is a problem with your order.
We need this information for our contract with you so that we can process and fulfil your order, notify you of your order status and assist you if there is a problem with your order.
We may also use your email and address details to notify you about (by email or post) new Bibby and Boppy products, services and special offers we think you would appreciate, where you have given your consent to receiving this information from us where required by law or otherwise in our legitimate interests, provided these interests do not override your right to object to such communications.
If you change your mind and would rather not receive this information please send an email at any time to email@example.com
Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enable us to personalise your visits to this website, simplify the signing-in procedure, keep track of your preferences and to track the usage of this website.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Find out more about cookies allaboutcookies.org.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences). But please note that this may reduce the functionality of this Site and other websites.
If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use bibby and boppy's services at their full potential and personalised to you.
Like all websites, our servers automatically record ‘log files’ containing information about the volume and characteristics of our website traffic e.g. IP address, numbers of pages viewed, length of time spent on site. We use log files to build pictures of how our site is used that help us to monitor and improve the service. We cannot identify you from your log files.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate interests of improving the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Portions of this website use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How to remove cookies
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that deleting cookies will limit your web experience on our website.
3. Our promotional updates and communications
Where permitted in our legitimate interest or with your prior consent where required by law, we will use your personal information for marketing analysis and to provide you with promotional update communications by email or post about our products/services or those of business partners identified to you.
If you enter any online competition or promotion we may sponsor on the website, we may ask for your contact or other information as explained on the website and will use it for the purposes of your participation in that competition or promotion which may, if indicated on the Site, include passing it to our business partners.
You can object to further marketing at any time by checking and updating your contact details within your account, or selecting the "unsubscribe" link at the end of all our marketing and promotional update communications to you, or by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. When we share information with outside parties
We may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances to:
- Payment processing providers who provide secure payment processing services. (note your payment card details are not shared with us by the provider).
- Your contact details may be passed on to our couriers to assist in delivering your order.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Bibby and Boppy or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply terms and other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bibby and Boppy, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction and to prevent cybercrime.
5. Where is the information stored, and how long is it stored for?
While we do not hold personal data any longer than we need to. The duration will depend on your relationship with us, and whether it is ongoing. We may keep some of your personal data for 7 years after our working contract with you has finished for tax legislation purposes. After this time we may archive your photographs indefinitely along with your relevant details and consent forms. This is due to requests for replacement images being made several years after being taken.
Transfers outside of EEA
We may transfer your personal information outside the EEA:
- In order to enable us to provide goods or services to you and fulfil our contract with you. This includes order fulfilment, processing of payment details, and the provision of support services.
- where it is in our legitimate interests and we have concluded these are not overridden by your rights .
We may transfer your personal information to the following countries outside the EEA:
- Google is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield. The EU-US Privacy Shield requires Google Analytics and other certified US service providers to provide a similar level of protection of your personal data as would be required in the EU.
7. Child safety
Parental consent is sought prior to photographs being taken in schools by the school administration.
Parents need to give signed consent on private jobs - we keep and store this contract securely.
8. How do we protect customer information?
To prevent unauthorised access as required by Data Protection Law, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we are able to disclose personal data to you following a request from you to do so. We use a secure server by which you may place your order or access your account information.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
9. Your rights regarding your personally identifiable information?
You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to object to the further processing of your personal data, including the right to object to marketing (as mentioned in 'Our promotional updates and communications';
- to request that your provided personal data be moved to a third party.
Your right to withdraw consent:
- Where the processing of your personal information by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time You can also change your marketing preferences at any time as described in 'Our promotional updates and communications' section;
- You can also exercise the rights listed above at any time by sending an email email@example.com or by contacting us using details below.
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority, (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html ). The Information Commissioner ("ICO") is the supervisory authority in the UK.
10. Changes to this policy
11. Contact Details
Bibby and Boppy
11 Thornton Close